- 3 1/2 cups Filtered Water
- 1 cup Raw Honey
- 2/3 cup Elderberries
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cloves
- Add all ingredients (except honey) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Let liquid cool to room temperature.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer and mash the berries to get all the liquid out.
- Add raw honey to mixture and still until fully blended.
- Store the syrup in a glass bottle or mason jar for several months.
For Immune Boost: Adults take 1 tablespoon per day for one week, for children (age 2+) take 1 teaspoon per day for a week.
Recipe adapted from: Amanda @renewyourwell and Renee @raisinggenerationnourished