Winter is coming... and we're here for the cozy sweaters & big bowls of warm soup. Butternut squash soup is one of our favorites and is SO easy to make. Besides being an easy to make meal, butternut squash has some much needed health benefits during the colder months. This squash is loaded with fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A & C.
Butternut squash (or winter squash) is also known for being a fall harvest veggie that keeps well throughout the winter months. The squash we used for today's recipe was purchased at our local farmer's market back in early October!
We used Currosity kraut to add flavor (and more health benefits) to this classic soup - but you can easily switch out Curryosity kraut for your favorite flavor of kraut!
Curryosity Butternut Squash Soup
1 large Butternut Squash, skinned and cubed
1 large Onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves Garlic, whole
1/2 cup Curryosity Kraut
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Olive Oil, for roasting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Coat cubed butternut squash, chopped onions, and garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Thinly layer coated ingredients onto lined cookie sheet
- Roast veggies for 30 minutes (or until squash is tender)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy
- Serve warm & enjoy!
*Soup can be stored in fridge for 1 week or frozen for up to 6 months